I knew the Expo would be challenging - but I didn't realize how much. There are 65-75 vendor booths and they all have huge bowls of candy for the taking. That I was prepared for - no candy. But as I wandered around there was yummy food everywhere and it was all FREE! (Bev - Free!!!) Cold-stone creamery was handing out little cups of their ice cream, Fannie May had a platter of
Yahhhhh Me!!! I was very proud of myself. I did it! I made it through a massive food event and stayed on plan!!!
I played a game at one of the booths and won 8 brownie triangles. When I got to my mom's I figured out the calories for my dinner. I had 130 calories left, but hadn't been able (had time) to figure out the cals for the brownies (another favorite) so I opted not to have any. When I got home I figured each triangle to be about 175. I'll plan for that tonight and I'll have one and stay on plan. After all, that's what it's all about - staying on plan. The brownies aren't going anywhere and I will feel much better about having one and planning on it than having one and going over.
10/26
Calories: 1670
Exercise: None, but was on my feet all day and night
I know many of you are not huge fans of weighing every day, but all week I have been seeing the scale creeping down. I knew I was doing good and I knew that I wanted to see a happy number today (and I did). I think that is part of what helped me make good decisions last night. Sometimes you have to do what works for you. I do many things that are not considered "ideal".
- I weigh myself every day
- I have dessert every day
- I eat fast food (although not very much)
- I drink diet pop
- I eat pizza
But it's about what I think I can live with every day for the rest of my life.

5 comments:
Sandi, let me be the first to say how amazing you are!!! No way I could have made it through that Expo without sampling a bit of this or a bit of that even though I know every sample is probably 100-200 calories each. Good job! Also I read recently that weighing in every day can be a good thing so that is what I have been doing recently even though I didn't think it was a good idea before. As long as we keep in mind that sometimes our bodies can do wacky things with water weight and not get discouraged. Keep up the great work and I hope you have a great weekend!
oops, sorry that was me!
Jen
Sandi, I am so proud of you!!! You're my new hero!
As for weighing every day, diet soda etc, check out a thread in the Maintainers Forum called 'Breaking The Rules' - you'll be happy to see how many successful losers break the rules and do just fine. :)
OMG Sandi, you're my new hero!! I have no doubt in my mind that given my current mindset I would not have been able to resist not only yummy food samples, but free yummy food samples at that! I am in awe, and your dedication has encouraged me to re-examine said mindset to see how I can aspire to be more like you. Love ya chica, you're amazing!
Bev
Chiming in late to the party with kudos for making it through that Expo so well! Good for you!
Yes, I heard on the radio only recently that some experts are advocating stepping on the scale every morning if for no other reason than as a daily reminder of what you're working towards. If it works for you, then great! As for the other "rules" you break, you own YOUR rules. Whatever works for you belongs to you and go ahead and follow them. You're doing great and I'm so very proud of you. You're also really helping me keep on the straight and narrow. :)
Post a Comment